Here’s thanks to E.G Bella who nominated me. I got quite busy so that’s why I’m so late (also picking nominees is really hard)! I would love to see your answers to my questions (whoever you are), either here or in your own blog post, but if anyone doesn’t want to, that’s perfectly fine too (I’ve passed up on these myself).
First of all, the rules:
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their post.
Answer all 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award, and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your blog post.
1. What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?
I don’t know. There’s so much beauty in the world. I love so much of it. A rainbow against the clouds. The sunlight reflecting off a blue, blue lake – so blue it’s almost purple, but absolutely perfectly pure blue. Is the sky a place? If so, I think I’ll pick the sky. I love the myriads of stars at night, sparkling like gems with coloured fires in their hearts, like hopeful, never disturbed watchers, sprinkled across the darkness, and the band of the Milky Way. I love the colours of dawn and sunset, that almost never come the same twice, a yellow sun setting in a clear sky, purple toward the east, greener around its set, or all the thousands of unspeakable patterns of sunset clouds, bright and flamboyant, or softer. I love storms, lightning, and I already mentioned rainbows. But earth is so beautiful, too, with its trees of so many different kinds, each tree beautiful in its own way, its grasses and flowers, its streams and lakes and mountains and hills, and more than I could ever mention.
2. If you could only speak one word today, what would you say?
3. Describe your perfect sandwich.
I seriously don’t know the answer to this question or even if the answer exists.
4. When is the last time you laughed out loud? What did you laugh at?
I don’t know. I laugh fairly often, so that makes it hard to remember what the last thing I laughed at was, if ‘laughed at’ is a suitable way to put. Also, some of the things that are funniest to me are very hard, or impossible, to communicate to other people!
5. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Really? Don’t be afraid. But a close second – or maybe a variant of the same thing – is not to focus on my failures, but on joy and love.
6. If you could change your name, would you? If so, what would you change it to?
It’s news to me if I can’t change my name.
7. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I probably had several …
8. On a scale from 1-10 what’s the highest level of pain you’ve ever been in? Why?
How would this even work? It’s not as if one can just compare pain. Even if one tries to compare it against the most one can imagine, how does one know what others experience … or even what oneself could experience? Anyway, I don’t want to think about this question anymore.
9. Are you naturally a neat or messy person?
Something else. I don’t think either would work for managing all the characters with their personalities and all the worldbuilding and all the different novels I write at the same time.
10. Would you like to live to be 200 years old? Why or why not?
I hope to live forever. But I’m not sure I want to live for 200 years on earth. I don’t think we’re meant to, in the present state of the world. I want to go on to what is next.
11. If you had to give up one of your five senses, which one would you choose?
I’d let Someone Else choose for me …
1. Tell us about something that really draws your attention or fascinates you from the sky (sun, blue sky, clouds, stars, moon, etc).
2. Is there a season you really like? Why or why not?
3. Is there a natural phenomenon you really like? Why or why not?
4. What is a story or myth that really resonates with you? Why?
5. Is there a theme (or two) you really enjoy in what you read? Why?
6. Is there a theme (or two) you really like to write about it? Share why if you want to.
7. What’s the most powerful feeling in the world do you think? (Feel free to interpret/re-interpet this any way you like).
8. What’s a book or author you really like?
9. How do you feel/think about death?
10. What does the word ‘respect’ mean to you?
11. Tell us something (it can be as profound or not as you like) you would really like to share with as many people as possible.
Nominees (if anyone doesn’t want to, no pressure!!):
1. The Modern Hadassah (modernhaddash.com)
2. Julieanne Riddle (agirlandhergod.blog)
3. Lizzy (concreterosebud.com)
4. Mikayla (truthfulstoryteller.wordpress.com)
5. Mariella Hunt (mariellahunt.com)
6. Lidl (lidibrock.ca)
7. Tina Wanis (howtocoptic.wordpress.com)
9. Rachel Nichols (lookingupliving.wordpress.com)
10. Nan’s Notebook (sayitnow.wordpress.com)
11. Anyone who likes!
3 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award”
Thank you so much for answering these! I enjoyed reading your thoughts! 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people
LikeLiked by 1 person
#5 is a great demonstration of choosing to see things from different perspectives. It helps us approach the same problem from a different angle. Thanks for sharing!
LikeLiked by 2 people